Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Week #99 - "The Last Melonnnn..."



On Saturday night, Elder Nielsen and I found out we are going to be
staying together in Arlington for my last transfer. It's so crazy to
think that i only have 1 transfer (6 weeks) left to serve as a
full-time missionary. I'm going to try and make it my best transfer
yet. I'm excited to finish my mission in Arlington. It's a great area
with a lot of work to do. We have a couple people we need to get
baptized before I go home.

This past Tuesday was pretty crazy. We got asked to help out with some
service in the morning. We were helping some family members of a man
who had passed away, clean out his house. The only thing is, he was a
hoarder. Boy oh boy. You know you're in for a treat when you show up
and the lady in charge says, "alright, lets get you guys suited up and
you can head in." Umm.. excuse me? Suited up? Yeah, we had to wear
hazmat suits to go in and help. They took a pic of us after we
finished, I'll attach it. Let me tell you, those hazmat suits are like
sauna suits. I was dripping sweat. It was great to be able to help
them out though because they definitely had a huge task ahead of them.

We had some good visits with Kevin and his family this week. We met
them at the park a couple afternoons during the week and played some
ball with them. (Just an additional note, I still have yet to lose to
Kevin in H.O.R.S.E. we have probably played 10 games) Kevin has been
on fire lately, he's been reading and praying daily. It's so awesome
to see the great example he is to his family. We have also been
working with our friend, Eric. He is AWESOME! He's been meeting with
missionaries since 2014 but this week he agreed to a baptismal date of
June 10th. Which just happens to be his mothers birthday. Not only
does that day have significance to him, but that is the exact day I
will have been a missionary for 2 whole years. It's also my last
weekend in the mission. You know how cool it would be to have Eric's
baptism my last weekend here? So cool!! I'll keep you posted.

Well, with it being my last transfer, does that mean people will come
out of the woodworks and email me? I've always heard that you get
emails and letters for your first couple transfers, then everyone
takes an 18-month break, and writes you your last transfer.πŸ˜‚ I guess
we will put it to the test. HMUπŸ€™πŸΌ

I hope you have a great week. Always remember D&C 122:7

Warmest regards,
Elder Leishman

Ps. Shout out to my bro, Mckay, for looking like a stud at prom! πŸ•ΊπŸ»


No comments:

Post a Comment