Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week #102 - πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ✌🏼Go

"What do you think of the Jets new football stadium.....? Let me
guess, disgusting?"
Quick, someone name that movie 😌

Just FYI, I'm still a huge fan of pday naps 😎😴

This week we did some service at the local Episcopal Church. They have
a food pantry there that is open often. We try to sign up for days
each week. I always love serving there. We talk to some of the most
humble people that come through. Also some of the people know a little
bit about the 'Mormons' so we have some funny conversations. Most of
it is clearing up misconceptions. A few weeks ago we had another woman
there helping with us. Her name is Kelsey. She's so sweet. This week,
we got to volunteer with her again. She knows a little bit about the
church and had a friend join in high school. I tried to invite her out
to one of our services but she kindly denied haha. Don't worry though,
she's too nice not to accept one of these next couple invites lol.
Hopefully we run into her again soon.

This week got super hot out of nowhere. It was almost a 180 degree
turn around. It had been cold and wet lately but then this week
someone lit a match on hades head he poured out his wrath on the D.C.
area. πŸ”₯ Lucky for my comp and I, we don't have a car so we got to
spend the days sweating bullets. πŸ˜… I enjoyed it to be honest. Got to
get a nice farmers to tan before a go home.

We got a call from a member of our bishopric on Friday  afternoon asked
us if we would give talks in Sacrament meeting on sunday. I gladly
accepted. My topic was on 'The Work of Salvation' which is basically a
free pass to motivate the members of the ward to do missionary work.
Haha. I wasn't really phased by the late notice and I am definitely
not a fan of when people announce to the congregation that they were
given late notice to talk and to "bear with them" because they just
threw something together. So I didn't say anything about it. That's
definitely something I learned from my dad, you could be in the
toughest situation imaginable but don't show it. You could have gotten
a call Sunday  morning to speak that afternoon, no need to announce
it to everyone. I don't know. Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine.
What do you all think? Anyways, I enjoyed being able to speak to the
members are share experiences with them. I told stories about the
Bercian Family and the ward council in Fair Oaks. I had planned to
talk about the "government" of a ward mission (Bishopric, WML, Ward
Council, Members, etc.) but I only had time to hit Ward Council and
Members. Hopefully someone took something motivating away.

Speaking of learning things from my dad. I feel like I've learned so
many great things from him. One of which is to not care what people
think about you. I could be biking through downtown Arlington, wearing
a white shirt and tie, a name tag, and a goofy looking helmet and not
care what any of the people i ride past think of me. I mean we stick
out like a sore thumb, I see the people staring at us or giving us the
"I'm hardcore judging you" look. I don't mind though. if anything, I
enjoy it. I like to be different. I like to be the odd man out. So
thanks to my pops for teaching me that valuable lesson. Love ya big
mike!

We weren't able to meet with our buddy Eric this week. There have been
a couple members in the ward following up with him on his smoking. May
25th is the quit Day. Keep him in your prayers. Kevin and his family
are still solid. Just need to get this dang paperwork figured out.
Once we do that, baptism is a-go. Pray for Kevin's paper work to get
worked out please! πŸ™πŸΌ

Saturday our zone participated in what's called McLean Day. It's
similar to a county fair or a carnival. The missionaries were asked to
help volunteer at the event. We spent time unloading and loading cars
as well as walking around and asking people to take a survey about
their experience. Hmm.. who would have thought to send the
missionaries out to talk to all the people? You'd think they thought
we never do that or something... it was a fun event. There was
probably 6,000-8,000 people that came to the event. We were there from 6:30am- 7:30pm
 Let's just say I got a good nights sleep that
night... 😴

Also, anyone that is in Vegas, go to Fiiz! The grand opening was this
past week. I know the owners and they are awesome. Someone get a 32oz.
Dr. Pepper with vanilla cream and drink it just for me πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Over all, it was a great week. I loved being about to get out and
serve in different capacities this week. It made it interesting! I
can't believe I only have two more pdays after today... so crazy!
Someone pray for me that I can get everything done that I need to
before I go home. Thanks for the love and support! Have a great week!

Elder Leishman πŸ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment