Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week #101 - "Happy Mother's Day"

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome mothers out there,
especially my momma. I'm so glad I got to talk to her yesterday. Don't
get me wrong, I love talking to dad and the boys, but it's always no
nice talking to Momma Leish. She definitely brightens my day.
 "All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." - Abraham Lincoln

Talking to the family was much needed yesterday. It was so good to see
them again! I can't believe that was my last time Skyping with them as
a missionary. The next time I'll see them will be face-to-face! So
many exciting things are going on in the Leishman Fam. If any of you
are in Vegas this weekend and want to get a nice, cool drink. Stop by
Fiiz Drinks. My parents store is opening up on May 19th, this week!!
Everyone go check it out!

Last pday, I found a hidden gem.πŸ’Ž I don't know why I never found this
earlier in my mission. So much unused potential. It's called "pday
naps." πŸ™ŒπŸΌ Holy cow. I can't tell you how amazing it really was. If
you can think of your most favorite hobby, times it by 10, and you
have what it feels like to take a pday nap. Such a blessing. We took a
two hour nap last week. You best believe I'm making that happen again
this week. 😌

We played some more street ball this week. I wasn't as on fire as I
was last week but I still had all the guys wanting me on their team.
It was super fun. And it's a great time filler for the 8:30pm - 9:30pm 
time frame. Usually nobody wants you knocking on their door at that
time, so why not go play some ball. I got talking to a couple of the
guys afterwards and they knew a lot about Mormons. Hopefully we can
see some success.

Pretty cool experience this week. My uncle that lives in Tucson, AZ
sent me an email last week about one of his buddies that lives in my
area. He knew him from school at Michigan State. He set it up and we
were able to grab dinner with his nonmember buddy, Andrew. He was a
great guy. Knew a lot about the church and even played on my uncles
church ball team. Small world!!

There were so many exciting things that happened this week with our
investigators. I'll give you the condensed version.
We had a referral from some Spanish elders that we went to check up
on. Turns out the guy is super solid but his girlfriend
is...interesting. When we first calls him, she was freaking out and
cussing us out. By the time we showed up to her house, she had calmed
down and was in love with us... I think she might have been a tad
intoxicated. We went back a couple days later for our follow up
appointment and she opened the door with nothing but a blanket draped
over her. I was like, "Uh.... yeah we are going to come back later,
much later." Luckily her boyfriend closed the door and let her throw
some clothes on and we had a good lesson with them afterwards. Thank
goodness...
Kevin is still doing awesome! We met with him almost everyday this
week. We are struggling to get him to church though. Every weekend
something new comes up. It's either one of his kids are sick, he has
to work, his wife has to work, etc. etc... we are also still trying to
locate some paperwork so we can get them married!! So much to do and
only 4 weeks to do it!!
Our buddy, Eric, is still on date for June 10th. (My last weekend in
the mission) He has been making leaps and bounds trying to kick
smoking. He's down to about 1 cigarette a day which is fabulous.
Hopefully we can get him over this last hump.

It was a crazy busy week. I loved every minute of it. Even the hard
ones. I hope you all had a great weekend and have an even better week!
I love and miss you all!

Elder Leishman

Skyping with the fam on Mother's Day

Dinner with Uncle Ryan's friend from Michigan State, Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment