Monday, May 29, 2017

Week #103 - America the Beautiful πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ❤

I'm sorry for writing this email so late in the day. We have had one
of the coolest pdays of my mission. Well, let me start by saying Happy
Memorial Day! I'm so grateful for the men and women of this country
who have paid the biggest price for our freedom. We thought it would
be a good idea to respect the spirit of Memorial Day and pay tribute
to those armed forces members who have passed on by going to the
Arlington National Cemetery. We knew going into it that it was going
to be pretty packed but we decided to go anyways. Little did we know
that the President of the United States was going to be giving a
speech at the cemetery today. I was able to see President Donald Trump
in person. 😎 I'll send some pics. It was one of the best pday
experiences. I've joked my whole mission about seeing the POTUS and it
finally happened on one of my last pdays. Definitely an experience I
won't forget anytime soon. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Now, nobody spoil the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie for me. I
LOVE those movies. All you can say was whether it was good or not.
πŸ‘πŸΌ or πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

On Tuesday, I had the privilege of going on exchanges to my
first area, Falls Church. It was so crazy being back where it all
started. I got to see a lot of the members that I got close with while
I served there and even one of the nonmembers who we would meet with a
lot. I tried to snap a pic with the members but I didn't get pictures
with everyone, just a few. I also got to have some Jardine cookies
again...heavenly. I will always be grateful for my time in the Falls
Church Ward.

We had some awesome dinners this week with members. A lot of them came
up to me at church and asked what I wanted for dinner. I basically had
a whole week of some of the best meals. I'm really excited for these
next two weeks.

Friday we had interviews with President Huntsman. I've said it once
and I'll say it again, I love having interviews with our president. He
always finds a way to have me walking away super motivated and happy
for what lies ahead. Our interview was a little shorter because I'm
going to be having a departing interview with him next week where we
will talk more about the future but it was still great.

I got my flight itinerary in the mail this week 😳. Looks like I'll be
landing in Vegas on July 14th at 11:09am. Hope to see you all there.
✈️

Sadly we are learning about more hiccups and struggles with the people
we are teaching than we are actually resolving. I'm still confident
and faithful that things will get worked out soon. Just keep praying
for us and these investigators that we will get our stuff figured out.
πŸ™πŸΌ

Turns out I've started to get another cold! Talk about bummer. I feel
like I was just sick yesterday. It was almost 6 weeks ago when I was
bedridden. Hopefully I don't get that bad again. I started feeling it
coming Friday night. Let's get this under control, I don't have
time to be sick. I've only got 2 more weeks to labor with all my
might... πŸ’ͺ🏼

I realized after I sent my weekly email last week that I had sent a
typo. I said that I only had 2 more pdays last week. Well, really, I
had 3. NOW i only have 2 more pdays left. Crazy crazy stuff. I don't
think I'm ready to leave Virginia yet, i love it so much.

Happy Memorial Day! Remember, if you see someone dressed in a military
uniform, stop, shake their hand, and thank them for their service. I
hope you all have a great week. I love and miss you all😘

Arlington Cemetary with my boi, Big Z

President Trump's speech at the cemetary



No comments:

Post a Comment