Monday, November 21, 2016

Week #76 - "Fair Oaks 🚴🏼 πŸš΄πŸΌπŸ’¨πŸ’¨"

This week has been absolutely crazy! If you would have told me last
week that I would be where I am today, I would have thought you were
crazy. But, here we are.  On Monday and Tuesday last week, Elder Arritt
and I knew we were being transferred because they were going to close
down our area so we started to pack up our apartment and visit some of
the members we got really close too! Tuesday night, transfer
doctrine came out. It said that Elder Arritt and I were both going to
be transferred to the Fair Oaks Ward and we were going to whitewash
for back-to-back transfers. That's never happened in the time that
President Huntsman has been mission president. So I was pretty excited
to find out I was still going to be with Elder Arritt for another
transfer but still kind of nervous to whitewash again. Oh, and I
forgot to mention, we are on bike now....🚴🏼🚴🏼

Wednesday mainly consisted of packing and saying goodbye to some more
members. We had to make sure we said goodbye to the Gutzwiller Family.
They were such an awesome family and the helped us out so much during
our transfer in the ward. Elder Arritt and I are going to miss
visiting them. We also had to pass off all of our investigator to the
other missionaries serving in Quantico so they can continue to be
taught. It was a smooth transition.

Thursday was the transfer meeting. It just so happens that it was time
for Elder Holdaway to go home. Man, that was one tough goodbye. I had
an absolute blast as his companion. Those two transfers went by in a
blink of an eye. It was super sad to see him go home but I'm really
happy for him and what life has in store for him in the near future.
Shout out to my man Reuben Holdaway, he's a stud and I'll miss himπŸ’ͺ🏼

Elder Arritt and I got to our apartment on Thursday and found it to be
completely trashed. Hands down the dirtiest apartment I've ever seen
missionaries live in. So if there isn't enough stress in missionary
work already, why don't we go ahead and add a little more and make our
apartment dirty to give elder Leishman an anxiety attack. Good idea?
Don't worry though, I put a little Leish Lovin on that place and got
it into ship shape in no time. Well, it took a little time. 2 whole
days to be exact. But now we are living better. So shouts out to that
Tilex I used to get all the mold out of our shower....

The ward has been treating us so nicely ever since we got here. Our
bishop is AWESOME. Our ward mission leader is AWESOME. And all the
members I've met so far are AWESOME. I can't wait to continue to work
alongside them. It's going to be a good time here in fair oaks. I
truest gained a testimony this week that the lord gives us trials so
that we can grow. It's something that I've known for a while but my
testimony was strengthened in that particular aspect this week. I know
that I'm much stronger now than I was last week having endured through
the trials I just recently had. I love this gospel!

I hope you all have a great week! Much love❤️✌🏼️


- Elder LeishmanπŸ•΄

Visiting my main man Mike Jackson before I left Woodbridge area.

Saying good-bye to Elder Holdaway , sure do love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment