Monday, October 3, 2016

Week #69 - General Conference (a.k.a. Spiritual Feast)

So many things have happened since I emailed last Monday, I don't even know where to start. Last Monday we went into DC. It was super fun. We visited Chinatown, the Verizon center (where the wizards play), the national archives (where the Declaration of Independence), and the White House. When we were at the White House, president Obama was rolling up. It was pretty gnarly. They had like 3 streets closed. 20 unmarked cars and these two HUGE Souped up rolls Royce type cars that were completely bullet proof. It was so cool. We couldn't get close enough to see anyone but we watched them drive from one building all the way up to the back door of the White House. I wish I could roll up in that style.... ðŸš—

This week it rained on and off every single day. The first day I saw the sun was yesterday.... we had some service projects this week which were pretty cool. We went and helped a member of the warrenton 2/Gainesville ward. They are working to build this farm that's going to kind of be like thanksgiving point. Just where you can come and learn about farming and see some cool stuff. But, the whole time we were working, it was pouring rain. We were shoveling mountains of gravel in the pouring rain. It was absolutely a blast. I got soaking wet but it was so much fun. They took a lot of pictures so I will be sure to attach some of them! 

Then, we hit the spiritual feast we had this past weekend. Man, I enjoyed general conference so much. I think my favorite talks were by Elder J. Devn Cornish and Elder Neil L. Anderson. Elder Cornish talked about how we need to stop comparing ourselves to others and only worry about what God thinks of us. Elder Anderson said something that really stood out to me. He said "Stop feeling guilty about any insufficiency you have about sharing the gospel"I thought that was exactly what the members of the church, myself included, needed to hear. General conference is really my favorite time of the year. It such a blessing to have living prophets and apostles to lead and guide our discipleship. I so grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Have a great week! Love and miss you guy! 

- Elder Leish

In DC

In DC

Breakfast with the zone and President Dionne



Zone service project





No comments:

Post a Comment