Monday, September 26, 2016

Week #68 - "American Loggers"

Another week has come and gone. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I feel as if my time in the manassas 1st ward is swiftly winding down. Transfers are next week and I'm pretty sure I'll leave. Man, I've loved my time here. 

This week went got take part in Part 2 of our ward's "Day to Serve" (Part 1 was last week, we helped out at that too). For our ward's activity we were able to clean up the manassas church building. There is an area right next to it that has a lot of shrubbery and foliage. There was a TON of poison ivy. Luckily I came prepared with jeans, a sweater, some work boots (courtesy of bishop Dzaran), and some gloves. It was a lot of fun actually. We chopped down a lot of dead trees and threw them into a wood chipper. Our bishop owns a wood chipper, how cool is that? And then for the bigger logs we cut them up and made some firewood. Man, sawing logs is a lot of hard work. My back is so sore 🏥 but thank goodness there were no casualties in our activities. We are probably going to go back in a couple weeks to finish the job. It's going to take 3 days to finish. 

Last Monday we went to the Masonic temple in Alexandria. It was super cool. We got to go on a guided tour. The poor tour guide had to put up with our 101 questions we asked throughout the whole thing 😂 The free masons are super interesting. I was with elder Simpson and elder holdaway. My main homies in the mish, I'll send pics of our experience.  

This week we taught a couple of our investigators and had some great lessons with them. One of our investigators named Briana watched womens conference last night with our bishops wife. She really enjoyed it, she's been going through a really rough time lately and has been needing some good spiritual nourishment. I'm glad she enjoyed the conference. 

I went on an exchange with our district leader this week as well. His name is elder krambule. We came out together. He is a stud. He brought his bike to our area and we took the manassas 1st area on bike for a day, it was so much fun. It made me kind of miss biking. Bit know that as soon as I go back on bike, I'm going to miss my car lol. 

I would like the share a quote with you all that I think is much needed/very important. It comes from preach my gospel. 

"Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble, opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, frustrated, or anxious. It is the ability to do God’s will and accept His timing. When you are patient, you hold up under pressure and are able to face adversity calmly and hopefully. Patience is related to hope and faith--you must wait for the Lord’s promised blessings to be fulfilled."

Patience is a godly virtue, let's all strive for patience. 🙏🏼 have a great week. 

- Elder Leish

Elder Krambule and I.  We have a tradition that started when I was with Elder Holdaway that every time we go on an exchange, at the end of the night we go get a little ice cream treat.  Might need to stop that soon though....

Me after a long days work on the chainsaw.  I spent like 2 hours on that thing.  I can barely hear and barely stand straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment