Monday, August 29, 2016

Week # 64 - "Transfer Week"

Wow, this week has been a busy one. we had transfers this week. Let's
get right to it. It started on Monday when we went into DC. We decided
to go to the holocaust museum because some people had never been there
before. I have bitter sweet feelings about that museum because it's
really sad but it's a great exhibit. It goes in depth on a lot of the
things that happened in WWII. I learned a lot. After that museum we
decided to just kinda walk around and hang out with some other
missionaries. It was a pretty relaxed day.

On Tuesday, elder holdaway and I did our weekly office run. We got to
the office and President Huntsman was there and told us both that he
would like to talk to us. So if any of you know me and know how my
mind works, it immediately jumped to "oh shoot, what did I do wrong?
What am I getting punished for? Is he sending me home?" All those
things ran through my head. But I went in there and president asked me
what I thought was going to happen with transfers. (Usually we would
find out on Tuesday night around 9pm) But I told him that I had no
idea. He asked me if I wanted to know what was happening so I told him
sure. He said that elder holdaway is getting transferred to a new area
and I will be staying in Manassas. But he said he doesn't know who my
new companion is yet. So when the transfer doctrine comes out it would
have me still with elder holdaway, but then he would also be in his
new area as well. It's real to confusing to explain. But I thought it
was pretty cool and just decides to go with the flow. He told me I
wouldn't find out who my companion is till Thursday at the transfer
meeting.

On Wednesday, we spent a lot of time packing elder holdaways stuff and
then saying goodbye to the members of the ward that elder holdaway got
pretty tight with. It was a good time and we were able to still teach
some lessons throughout the craziness. We had dinner with one of my
favorite families in the ward, the Najera's. They are so awesome and
sister Najera makes the best food! 👌🏼

Then Thursday rolls around. It was mine and elder holdaways last day
together which was pretty sad. But we got to the transfer meeting and
I got a call from one of the assistants and he said that he was my new
companion. He explained the situation to me and said he was excited to
me my new comp. so my new companion is elder Winn. He is from Rexburg,
ID. He graduated in my class just a little bit early so he could come
on a mission and he like to play sports too. I'm pretty excited about
the upcoming transfer. It should be really good. We are super pumped
the help our zone out and move the work along.

I'm still pretty sad elder Holdaway and I aren't companions anymore
though. We had a great companionship. I don't think we had one
conflict at all. I really enjoyed my time with him. He taught me how
to be a better leader and how to lead with love. I love the way he can
relate to everyone and just be an example to others or even a helping
had. He's going to do great things in his next area though. 💪🏼

This week I spent a lot of time reflecting on the knowledge I've been
able to gain since coming on a mission. Maybe it's just me being on a
mission but I just want to read like every book out there and learn
all these new things. It's going to be exciting when I can just sit
down and read for a while. I sure didn't like reading before my
mission but I'm confident I'll be an avid reader at home. In D&C
88:118 it says, "118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and
teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best dbooks
words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." We
are commanded to gain as much knowledge as we can here on earth
because the things we learn and the knowledge we gain will be taken
with us to the next life. I'm grateful for the chance I have to study
and learn as much as I possibly can while on a mission. I'm lovin
life.

I love and miss you guys!


- Elder Leish


We were taking a selfie at lunch in DC and the workers at the pizza
place yelled at us and said they wanted to be in it. So they ran out
and joined our selfie. Pretty funny 😂

We went to one of the other districts district meeting this week
and got into their picture.


Our district pic. Don't try to fit 4 guys on a two person couch, just FYI


No comments:

Post a Comment