Monday, February 29, 2016

Week #38 - Transfer week

Well, another transfer has come and gone. I'm not even sure how many
transfers I've been out anymore. It's all a blur. I'm super excited
for transfers this week. It should be awesome. I'm pretty sure elder
Merrill is leaving and I'm going to stay. He's been here for 6 months
already and that's usually the max someone will stay in an area.
Hopefully I get a sweet companion!

This week we taught a TON of lessons which was awesome. We taught 8
lessons to Less-active members. And we had 7 less actives at church on
Sunday. It was awesome. Our investigator, Clayton, is still on date to
be baptized on March 12th! We are super excited. He came to the New
and Returning Member Fireside with us last night and loved it. I told
him that if he gets baptized and speaks at that fireside, that I would
sing in it as well. Uhh ohh......I better start taking some music
lessons. We also found 3 new investigators this week. It was sweet.
They are all Hindu though so it's going to be pretty interesting
teaching them. We have a return appointment with them on Tuesday
night.

Today, we are going into DC. We are going to visit the White House,
Chinatown, and some other museums. I'm really excited. I haven't been
into DC in a while and I'm excited to see some new stuff.

This week I was studying and I came across something I really love.
It's in preach my gospel. It says :
As we repent, our view of ourselves and the world changes. As we
change, we recognize that we are children of God and that we need not
continue making the same mistakes over and over. If we sincerely
repent, we turn away from our sins and do them no more. We resist any
desire to commit sin. Our desire to follow God grows stronger and
deeper.
I love that. I absolutely love the atonement and the blessing of
repentance. I've never felt more of Gods love than I do when I repent.
I love and miss you guys!

Elder Leishman

With Clayton and Elder Merrill

Looks like a zone activity

No comments:

Post a Comment