Monday, February 1, 2016

Week #34

This week was a lot more active than the last week haha. The snow is
starting to melt at a rapid pace. It's crazy, it been around 60-65
degrees the past few days just melting all the snow. Talk about
bipolar weather. It went from blizzard to warm in a matter of days.
Mother Nature can't really make up her mind can she?

But, this week was actually really awesome. We did a lot of personal
contacting and checking on some potential investigators. There is a
big push to ask for referrals from everyone and it's been kind of
tough remembering to ask from everyone but it really pays off. Even
when you're out tracting, if some one isn't interested, you can ask
them who they know that would be interested in the message. We got
probably 5 referrals from that this week which was awesome. Not all of
them panned out but it was nice to talk with people that are semi
prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel.

This week we had a lesson with one of our investigators who is married
to a less active member. It went really good. We discussed Jacob 5.
The allegory of the olive tree. A lot of people are super intimidated
by this chapter but personal, I really enjoy reading it. I understand
it really well and it touches my heart. I just want to share it with
everyone (hence why I made a Facebook post about it this week haha). I
can honestly find so much strength and encouragement from the allegory
of the olive tree. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to
ask me. I'll do my best to answer them. I love being able to study
things like that. I wish I would have studied more of the scriptures
when I was at home. I wish I would have grown to gain a testimony of
the scriptures before I came on a mission because then I would have
shared it a lot more. But, I'm glad I now have a testimony for myself
about the scriptures. The scriptures really are the guides we should
follow to live a happy life. I love the Book of Mormon and feel like
it is so descriptive on how we need to live our lives. And if I could
leave you all with an invitation, it would be this. To read the Book
of Mormon and then to kneel down and ask God with a broken heart and a
contrite spirit and ask him if the book is true. Even if you already
have a testimony that it is true, you can use the extra strength. Our
testimonies aren't something that is stagnant. They are either growing
or they are diminishing. Let's try to make sure ours are always
growing bigger and stronger.

I love you guys. Have a good week!

Love,
Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment