Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week #35 - Another day another dollar

Well, another week has passed on my mission. This upcoming week is my
8 month mark. On Wednesday I will hit 8 months of being in the mission
field. It's so crazy to think I've been out that long. It really goes
by so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday I entered the MTC. I
feel like I'm still learning how to be a missionary. I feel like I
still make rookie mistakes but I guess we all do during all phases of
our lives.

This week we were able to find 2 new investigators and we taught them
both the first lesson and invited them both to be baptized and they
said yes!! It was awesome! One of them is a 16 year old girl that goes
to the local high school. The other is a guy who is about 28 and works
at the local movie theater. They both have had contact with
missionaries in the past and we find them just going through our area
book. We had a second lesson with both of them this week and we are
going to try and put them on date for baptism. Im super excited about
the work we are doing. Elder Merrill and I have been working out tails
off in this area for a transfer and a half and haven't really seen
much success from it and we are now seeing some fruits from our labors
and its all because of Heavenly Father. We showed him for the past 10
weeks that we want to work hard and he's finally bringing those people
into our path that need the gospel in our lives. This is one of those
moments in life when you have to give all the glory to Heavenly Father
and recognize his hand in every part of your life.

Last night, I was able to have an interview with President Huntsman.
It was probably the highlight of my week. I had asked him earlier in
the week if we could sit down and have a meeting and he said yes. It's
such a blessing to have priesthood leaders that we can turn too for
guidance and direction. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able
to sit down with someone who hold to keys of the priesthood and
discussed the triumphs and trials of life. I feel like it's great
therapy for the soul. Well, my soul at least, I don't know how others
feel. But I feel like it's just a huge burden that we have to carry
when we go through trials and when you talk with someone about it,
it's almost like they help carry that burden with you. They are like a
support beam in you spiritual house. It's such an amazing blessing.
I'm so grateful for it. I hope everyone has an awesome week! I love
and miss you all! Keep up the good work!
Elder Leishman

With Elder Finlayson from Lone Peak HS

No comments:

Post a Comment