Monday, December 5, 2016

Week #78 - "How much do you charge?"

Well, I don't have a ton of time to write this week because we went
into DC today. But elder Arritt and I had a great week. We spent a lot
of time taking leaves. I now have found some muscles in my shoulders
that I never thought would ever be sore. But raking was a blast. It's
so nice to get out of missionary clothes for a while and do some
service. We were raking for an elderly lady this week when her
neighbor comes out side and says, "can I have your business card? How
much do you charge?" I then proceeded to tell her that we do it all
for free and man you should have seen her face. It's like she won the
lottery. We set up a time with her to come back and rake her leaves as
well. #LightTheWorld

We also got caught in a gnarly rain storm the other night. We were all
the way across our area on our bikes when it started to down pour, I
wish I would have gotten a pic of what I looked like afterwards. I
don't think I had a dry article of clothing. It was freezing cold and
I was soaking wet but it was probably the best night of the week. So
much fun. I definitely don't wish that upon anyone else though...

We also had our ward Christmas party. I love Christmas time. Our ward
had a dinner and we invited some of our investigators and a couple of
them actually came. It was awesome. The food was awesome and I even
got to take a pic with santa!!! "OMG SANTA, I KNOW HIM" it was fun.
The spirit is always so strong during the Christmas season as we
remember the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. I hope you all have a
great week! I'll send more next week. Peace and Blessings.

A visit with Santa at the ward Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment