Monday, December 12, 2016

Week #79 - Back to "C'Ville" ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

So many real things have happened this week. I don't even know where
to start. Last Monday we went into DC. It was a blast. We walked
around some of the monuments and went to see the White House. I always
love going into DC. It is a really fun pday activity. I love seeing
the city and all the tourists that come visit. Well, I guess I'm kind
of like a tourist as well... lol. We saw the World War II memorial
which was probably the highlight of our trip. It's amazing to think of
all those people who have sacrificed for our freedoms. God Bless
America!

We didn't rake as many leaves this week but we did teach some great
lessons. It was sweet. We have a couple investigators that are
progressing so we will have to see if we can help them take the step
of baptism. I'm ready to get the fair oaks are bumping!!! ๐Ÿ›

I had an awesome opportunity to meet up with the Hunt family this
week. My family and I knew them from Las Vegas, they moved out here
about a year ago and I have been trying to cross paths with them for
my whole mission but haven't been able too since I haven't served in
the oakton zone. Well, now I'm here and we had an awesome time
visiting. They are awesome. I'm so grateful for the wonderful examples
they are to me!!

We had Stake Conference this weekend. And if you all remember a couple
weeks ago I told you how my ward (fair oaks) got moved to the
centreville Stake? Well, at Stake Conference this weekend, they
divided the centreville Stake with 15 wards and made a new Stake. The
new stak is called the Gainesville Stake, it takes up who half of the
centreville Stake. So with that shift I'm now permanently back in the
centreville Stake till I get transferred. I'm excited to be back in
the Stake that I spent 8 months of my mission in. I love this place,
it's going to be cool going on exchanges within the Stake as well.

I'm so excited for the Christmas season. There is something different
in the heart of each person that I talk to during this time. You can
feel the sprit of Christmas or the spirit of Christ flowing through
the air. Make sure you all check out the new #LightTheWorld video and
share it with someone. Have a great week. I love and miss you all!!

- Elder Leishman๐Ÿ•ด


Some pictures from our trip to DC last week.






Original copy of the Book of Mormon that was printed in the early years of the church.  It was so delicate, but so sweet to see that God's word still stands to this day!




No comments:

Post a Comment