Monday, December 19, 2016

Week #80 - 🎄Happy Birthday Momma❤️ (oh merry Christmas too...)

It's been a very exciting week. I have loved every minute of it (except when I was sick). Last Monday we had a good pday. Mostly just played some basketball. Got some good games in. I have definitely lost some of my game since being out here... the struggle. It's like I try and do a move that I know I could do before the mission and my body just won't cooperate. Oh well. It will come back when I get home. On Monday night, the Najera's (family from my ward in manassas) were in the fairfax area and took elder Arritt and i out to dinner. It was awesome to see them again and we had some Guapos🌞

On Tuesday we had a half mission Conference. There was a general authority presiding. It was Elder Randall K. Bennett of the Seventy. It was a great conference. He talked to us about how we can start "helping" our investigators instead of "hoping" they do the things we ask them. It was a great time and I learned a lot. Our conference started at 10am and went till 5pm. Pretty gnarly but it was great. He also talked about how we can be more consecrated. It really sparked a desire in me to be 100% consecrated for the rest of my mission. Make sure I'm focusing on the little things so I can be endowed with power from on high 🙌🏼

On Monday night I started to feel a little sore throat coming on but I took some precautionary measures and took some medicine. Tuesday night, before I went to bed, it was a little worse. But sometime during the middle of the night on Tuesday I just got hit my a train. It's like someone took a match and burned the inside of my throat. No bueno. But, I prayed for to pain to go away and it has slowly but sure gone down.

Thursday night we were privileged to go to the Temple Visitors Center with some investigators and Brother Johnson (our old WML who is now in the Stake presidency 😢) . It was a great time. The lights up there are breathtaking. Like easily 10 times better than last year. I really enjoyed the time up there. I was freezing cold though so I got all bundled up and brought some hand warmers. I love having a visitors center so close!! 

The weather has basically gone to "Regina George" and back. (Reply to this email if you got that..) Some days are great and some days are freezing...☃️❄️and it's been a little too cold to bike so we have busting out the good ole walking shoes and have been pounding the pavement. It's been so much fun except for the fact we have to stop working at 8pm the other night so we could walk home and make it by 9pm. We were 5 minutes late.... let's just say it was a long walk home. 

We had a great Sunday. One of Our investigators, Edwin, came to church. He's awesome. He's a retired pediatrician from India. He's a nice guy. A lot of lessons are what he likes to call "discussions" but are closer to debates but hey, at least he came to church this Sunday. He enjoyed it. We also had some good lessons with our investigator, Yolanda, this week. She is awesome, I love Yolanda. She's is currently baptist but has gladly been keeping her commitments. We read from the Book of Mormon with her this week and talked about how when we know the Book of Mormon is true, we know Joseph Smith is a prophet and everything else falls into place after that. I really feel a sincere love for her and for all of our investigators. Now it's just up to us to apply the things we learned from Elder Bennett and "help" them come closer to Jesus Christ. 

I'm so excited for Christmas this week which just happens to be my moms birthday. I'm probably one of the few missionaries that get to talk to their mom on her birthday as well as Christmas and Mother's Day 😎😘 I love momma Leish. I'm a huge mommas boy and I have missed not being with her for the past 18 months but I'm so grateful for all the things she has taught me. I have definitely seen all of them translate into my mission (especially the laundry and my OCD for cleanliness). I can't wait to see her soon. So Happy early birthday momma💙

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. I'm so thankful for the added emphasis on service this Christmas time. Now get out there and serve those around you!  Remember the reason for the season👼🏻(baby Jesus) 

- Elder Leishman🕴

P.s. Here is my address is you want to send me a Christmas card🎁
5242 Lyngate Ct. 
Burke, VA 22015





5

No comments:

Post a Comment