Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week #43 - General Conference Weekend

This week was an interesting but fun one to say the least haha. It
started out on Monday when we went into DC to see all the cherry
blossoms. There were a TON of missionaries in the district that day
and we all basically congregated at one of the monuments. That was
pretty fun. There were a lot of DC North missionaries there as well
which was pretty cool. It's always nice to see our friends on across
the river. After DC we went back to our area and tried to muster up
some energy to finish the night off because those DC days really wipe
you out.

On Tuesday, we had district meetings which was pretty fun. Our
district leader is elder McCray. He's a stud. He's from Snowflake, AZ.
He taught us a good lesson on listening to the spirit. Then we went to
the mission office to get some supplies and headed back to our area.
One of the members of our ward wasn't feeling the best so we drove to
the hospital and gave him a blessing. Our friend, Keith, texted us
again telling us they were playing ball so we went over to the park
and played with them for about and hour. Then in the evening we were
trying by a few of our investigators when we met this guy named
Charles. We started talking to him and asked him if we could share a
message with him and he accepted. It was probably the funniest lesson
I've been in my entire mission. He just kept asking us such random
questions. At the end, we invited him to say the closing prayer and he
said he would. So he starts and he says, "Dear Heavenly Father, I
don't feel nothin!!! But I'm sitting here talking to these 3 strangers
(we had a member with us) and if you put them in my path, well then I
guess that's something." I was holding back laughter with the way he
said it. It was super funny. Then at the end of the prayer he said "I
like George (the member we were with), George is a good man." It was
hilarious. I think he was a little inebriated but we will have to see
what happens with him in the future. Super funny though haha!

I really enjoyed general conference this weekend. As a missionary,
general conference weekend is like a refresher or a renewal. I so
thankful we have a modern day prophet to lead and guide us. I can't
even imagine what the world would be like without him. There would
definitely be a lot of confusion. I'm grateful for these men who are
inspired by God to lead and Gods people on the earth. My favorite talk
from Saturday was definitely Preisdent Henry B. Eyring, he spoke first
at conference. It was such a powerful talk about the Holy Ghost and
how we can use it to touch our hearts especially during conference
weekend. From Sunday, I loved Elder Jeffery R. Hollands talk to close
our conference. I feel like it was specifically for me. I always worry
about going back to everyday missionary work after a general
conference weekend. I want to keep the same spirit that I felt all
weekend and have it be with me all the time. That goes for when I go
home from my mission as well. I will want to continue to feel the same
spirit I felt as a missionary. It's so amazing to be truly transformed
by the spirit. I'm so glad we have a prophet on the earth today,
someone who can help us fight the plagues of the world. I invite
everyone to heed his and the other general authorities council from
this conference. I love this gospel and I love this church. I hope you
have a great week! Much love!

Elder Leishman

Hanging with the Easter Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment