Monday, January 18, 2016

Week #32 - Transfer week baby!!

Well, this week is transfer week! I'm pretty sure I am staying here in
the Wakefield ward. I'm not sure what's going to happen with my
companion though. He's been here for 3 transfers so we will have to
see. I'm pretty excited for this upcoming transfer. I set a goal for
this next transfer to knock on 1000 doors in 6 weeks. I did the math
and it comes down to about 24 doors a day, which is pretty manageable.
I'm sure excited to start and I can't wait to see all the people I'll
meet from it!

This past week has been a really good one. On Saturday, I went on an
exchange with one of the Assistants to the President, Elder Jones. It
was awesome. We worked our butts off that day and got a ton done and
met a ton of great people. Elder Jones and I were able to have some
great cov ersatz one throughout the day while we were walking around
and what not. We have been really good friends for most of my mission
and it was nice to get to spend the day working with him. I really
learned a lot!

On Sunday night, we had our New and Returning Member Fireside. My
recent convert, Mike, spoke at this one. It was AWESOME! It was the
first time I'd seen Mike since his confirmation back at the end of
October! Mike went up there and told a sincere story and bore a
powerful testimony. He talked about how much change the gospel has
wrought inside of him. He bore a simple, sincere testimony about the
gospel and the cleansing power of the Atonement. I'm really glad I got
to hear him speak and to see him again. I'm happy that he is still
going strong in the church and trying his best to share the gospel
with his friends and his family! In his talk he talked about how we
are like family now and we have a bond that will last a life time. I'm
really glad I have a friend like Mike!

This week I've been able to do a lot of personal growth as well as try
and grow our area. Our area doesn't have a ton of investigators but we
have a lot of less active members that we are working with. I've been
able to really study the scriptures hard and further my knowledge of
God and the Savior more than I ever have in my life. I've been able to
truly access the power of the atonement and share its goodness with
everyone. I'm really happy for what this next week and next transfer
have in store! I hope you guys have a good week! I love and miss you
guys!

Peace and Blessings,
Elder Leishman

Elder Leishman with his good friend Mike that he refers to in his letter.  Lifelong friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment