Monday, March 20, 2017

Week #93 - "Isaiah 52:7"

If you would have told me on Monday that I'm going to be in the
scenario that I am in now, I would have told you that there's better
odds of the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead..... well....shoot. That
basically sums up my week. Anything bad you can think of in missionary
work, probably happened to us this week. If I had to put it into
perspective, this week was about as disappointing as when we lost the
state semifinal in quadruple overtime and I got punched downstairs
TWICE! Yup, exactly. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

It started with our investigator, Tuckie (who was supposed to be
baptized this week), dropping us via the Chinese elders. Apparently
she got pretty offended when we invited her out to church? I'm not
sure there was much else I could do there since coming to church is
one of the most important things we invite people to do. She told the
Chinese elders that she didn't want to meet with us anymore. Hopefully
someday she meets some missionaries again and is welcoming to them.
Then, we found out from a young woman in our ward that our most solid,
progressing investigator had started going back to church with her
mom. She had a Baptismal date as well for the middle of April. Talk
about a jab to the mouth, or two! Hopefully one day, they both can
remember when Elder Williams and Elder Leishman taught them about the
gospel of Jesus Christ and it will ring familiar to them. But for now,
sounds like it's just going to be back to square 1.

In all the chaos and negative of the week, there was some positive. We
had Harry and Delaine at church this Sunday as well as Elisabeth and
Basillio with the twins. Even crazier, we didn't think either of them
were coming. We thought we weren't going to have anyone at church but
there was a miracle and we had 4 investigators there! I asked Bishop
Burciaga if I could bare a brief testimony in Sacrament Meeting as my
"goodbye." I'm so glad i did because all 4 of them were able to hear
my final testimony in the ward. I told them that when they all get
baptized, I'm coming back for it ๐Ÿ˜Š

We found out our transfer doctrine this past SaturdayTomorrow I will
be leaving and going to the Arlington 2nd Ward. Even with as rough of
a week as Elder Williams and I had in Fair Oaks, I am devastated to
leave. I have been able to learn so many great lessons from Elder
Williams. He is one of the most loving guys I've ever met in my life.
I think back on all the talks during walks, movie quotes, and even
just pillow talk and it makes me so grateful we had those experiences.
He's definitely an uso for life. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ I'm going to miss the Fair Oaks
Ward. Isn't it surreal that you can be in an area for as little as 4-5
months, yet feel like you've known the members you've served for a
lifetime? I'm gonna miss this area, I'm definitely leaving a piece of
my heart in Fair Oaks. The Members in the the ward have been the
biggest blessing to my mission. They probably had a long stronger
impact on me than I had on them and for that I am eternally grateful.
I am excited to go to Arlington 2nd Ward though. I've heard great
things and it's right across the river from D.C. My new companion is
Elder Nielsen. I don't know much about him except for the fact he's
been out for about 6 months. We are going to be grinding my last two
transfers. Here we go๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

You'd think as a mission goes on, this stuff would get easier and
easier. Well, it doesn't. Getting dropped still hurts your heart.
Getting transferred is like leaving home again. And getting a new
companion is always a little nerve-racking. But I wouldn't trade any
of this for the world. I love it so much, I have learned to experience
what "true joy" is over the past 21 months. I will forever be grateful
that I served a mission.

I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

Elder Leishman

I got a pic with Elisabeth, Basillio, and the twins at church
yesterday. Love these guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment