Monday, February 27, 2017

Week #90 - πŸ”›πŸ”πŸŒŽ

Doesn't it feel like it was just Monday about 2 days ago? That's what
it feels like for me. Time just goes by faster and faster as the weeks
progress. You know what the say, "time flies when you're having fun."

I had a good week this week. Tuesday  we had Zone Conference with both
the Centreville and Gainesville Zones. I always love getting to
receive instruction from President Huntsman. This round of Zone
Conferences, he trained us on how we can continue to strengthen OUR
testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Most of the time we focus on
helping investigators receive an answer that it's true and we just
leave our testimonies on the back burner, but we can always strive to
strengthen out testimonies. We also had a training on "Promise
Blessings". It was another highlight of the day and had an impression
that I need to go back through Preach My Gospel and study all of the
"Promised Blessings". So that's been a main topic of study the past 3
or 4 days.

Thursday was the 'Endure to the End' meeting. I wish I could have
recorded the whole meeting so I could go back and listen to it over
again. President and Sister Huntsman really motivated us to push the
limits and do a "$5 job" for the rest of our missions. I left the
meeting feeling inspired and motivated to grind to the end. Everyone
at the meeting set goals on what they would do to finish their mission
strong. I'm excited to achieve mine 😊 After the meeting I had the
blessing to go on an exchange back to one of my previous areas,
Manassas 1st Ward. It was such a great blessing to be back. It
basically felt like I was back home. I love that place. I got to see
sister Dzaran (M1 bishops wife) before we exchanged back. She's
awesome!

With regards to the missionary work in Fair Oaks, it is going
fantastic. We put another investigator on date to be baptized this
week for April 1st! She is going to work towards that day and we are
more than happy to help her with that. Her name is Anna, she's in high
school right now and is friends with one of the young women in our
ward. She has been soaking up everything we've been teaching her and
is just a honest seeker of truth. Im sure here will be more to report
on with her in the future.

Recently I was reading in 3 Nephi 11 where the Savior visits the
people in the Americas. That chapter alone is a testimony builder and
helps me know that Heavenly Father loves all of his children. Just as
he loves you and me. He would be willing to give his gospel not only
to the people in ancient Jerusalem but to the people in the ancient
Americas as well. So much love.

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL in the D.C. area recently so Elder
Williams and I decided to break out the bikes and enjoy the warmth.
Well, let's just say that we may or may not have made a stupid
decision. See the video attached. No Polynesians were seriously
injured in the making of this video. 🚲🚳

I love and miss you all. I hope you have a great week!

- Elder LeishmanπŸ•΄




No comments:

Post a Comment