Monday, February 20, 2017

Week #89 - "I ❤ Cafe Rio"

ell, it is February 20th and its going to be a perfect 65
degrees today in the D.C. area. AND it's a pday. What more could you
ask for? .... well, I definitely miss the 115 degree dry heat. So I
guess I could ask for that. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

We had a very eventful week this week. On Tuesday,, I got to go on an
exchange with Elder Simpson. One of our dear family friends from Las
Vegas that moved out here to Virginia about a year or so ago took us
out to lunch. Nicole bought one of my brother Mckay's cookbooks that
he was selling for HEFY so I was lucky enough to deliver it and grab
some lunch with her as well. If she moved about 300 yds. west of where
she lives right now, she would be in the Fair Oaks Ward with us. Close
but not close enough haha. I'm so grateful to have awesome family and
friends for support. (And by the title of the email and the picture at
the bottom, you can guess where we ate๐Ÿ˜‰)

We had an AWESOME week teaching investigators. We taught our
investigator, Tuckie, and helped her learn a little more English. She
is going to be out of town this week so I will keep you posted on the
deets. We got a member referral from a young woman in our ward this
week. She really felt like her friend was prepared to hear the gospel.
So we set up an appointment at her house for a lesson. The lesson was
great and the Members friend was awesome! The spirit was super strong
as we taught her the restoration. It was probably one of the best
restoration lessons I've taught in a while. I'm super excited for
things to come. She agreed for a return appointment this Tuesday.
President Hinckley was right, missionary work is so much more
effective when done through the members.

I walked, and walked, and walked some more this week. I think I walked
20,000 steps on 3 different days this week (thank you Fitbit⌚️). Elder
Williams and I were pounding the pavement hard. It should be another
exciting week. This coming Thursday, I have my Endure to the nd
Meeting. It's basically a meeting with all the missionaries that go
home in the next couple months where President and Sister Huntsman
help motivate us to finish strong. I've heard from other missionaries
that it has been their favorite meeting of their whole mission so I'm
pretty thrilled. I'll let you know how it goes next week! I love and
miss you all.

Quote : "Be where you ought to be, when you ought to be there, doing
what you ought to be doing." - Grandpa Leishman

- Elder Leishman๐Ÿ•ด

Elder Simpson and I with Nicole Hunt at Cafe Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment