Monday, July 25, 2016

Week #59 - "Eat. Sleep. Teach. Repeat."

Well, this week was another one for the books. Elder Holdaway and I
kicked it off last Monday by playing some basketball at a local high
school. A member in our ward coaches the JV team so he invited us out
to come to their open gym. So of course we took it. What more could
you ask for in my case? Non members and basketball? That's like
finding a gold nugget. So we went and played and it was so much fun. I
hadn't played ball like that since before my mission. I can tell I'm a
little out of shape though when I can only go up and down the court
like 4 times before I'm dead. But hey, it's all for the experience. I
really enjoyed playing. They invited us back to play some more so
maybe we will go again soon.

Something really cool happened this week. So remember when I was
serving in the shirlington ward? I was only there for a transfer, so 6
weeks. And we didn't really have a lot of success there expect for
this one guy that we found named Bill. Well, we started teaching bill
and then I got transferred out of the area and that was the last I
heard of it. But then, about a week ago, I get a call from my old
companion at the time telling me that the missionaries in shirlington
were still teaching bill and that he was getting baptized. I was so
pumped. So I was able to go to his baptism on Saturday. It was
awesome. It just goes to show you never know what happens with people
after you leave the area. Like Bill. I went to bills baptism and he
remembered who I was even though it has been months. It was such a
faith building experience. One of those mission stories I'll never
forget.

Other than that, my week was the usual. Just grinding in Manassas. I
hope you all have a great week. Love and miss ya!


My man Bill getting baptized.  A long time coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment