Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #27 - Fairfax, VA

Well, this week has been pretty crazy. We had transfers on Thursday
and I got transferred to a new area. I'm now serving in the Wakefield
ward. It's in the Annandale stake. I live in Fairfax, VA. I'm kind of
sad I left shirlington after only being there for one transfer but I'm
happy to be in the Wakefield ward. I can already tell that the ward is
pretty sweet! My new companion is Elder Merrill. He is from West
Jordan, Utah. He's been out for about 17 months. This is his third
transfer in the Wakefield ward. My new area is pretty close to the
mission office and the mission home which is pretty exciting. We are
on bike in this area. And it's not super small like the shirlington
ward. This ward is pretty big so we bike everywhere. I'm excited to
get a leg workout everyday!

It's so crazy that we are so close to Christmas. It feels like just
yesterday I was going in the MTC. Christmas seemed so far away at that
time and now it's here. I'm half way done with my first year of my
mission. I'm learning to love my mission. Not because everything I do
out here is fun, but because I know that the things I am going through
will benefit me in my future. I'm excited to be able to see and talk
to the fam next week. It's going to be pretty weird skyping you guys.
Im pretty dang excited though. It's crazy how these mission things
work, you send a teenage kid out and tell him to proclaim the gospel.
Something that he probably doesn't even know a lot about himself. It's
so amazing to think about. I'm so grateful to be out here serving.
I've been tested a lot on my mission and I've been pushed outside of
my boundaries many times. I've been placed in circumstances that are
uncomfortable and challenging and the Lord has helped me through them.
It's through the Lord that I've gotten through all my trials.

I miss you guys, especially during this holiday season. I hope
everyone has a great week! See you next week!

Elder Leishman




At the "6 month" mark on your mission the Elder's traditionally burn a tie.

With Elder Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment