Monday, September 14, 2015

Week #12 - In the Field

First of all, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I'm sorry I
couldn't thank you all individually, I just don't have enough time. I
can't even express how much love I have for everyone that is showing
me support and I appreciate all of the prayers on my behalf! You guys
made it a memorable first birthday in the mission field! It's still
pretty weird though having a birthday out here. I know of just felt
like any other day. Oh well hahaha.

This week was pretty much full of service and birthday celebrations!
We had a couple opportunities to provide service for our friend Kevin
and also at the baptist food pantry. We were able to have a full week
of dinners this week and I think I gained like 5 pounds this week
alone. Lots of cake and ice cream celebrating mine and elder macs
birthday. Mine was the 10th and macs was the 12th. I'm so thankful I
am serving in such a great Ward that really looks after the
missionaries! But, I'm going to have to fast for like the next two
weeks to get back to normal hahahah. Or maybe just workout harder in
the mornings and nights.

Nothin too crazy has happened in falls church this past week. We have
transfers this week and I know I will be getting a new companion
because elder Mac is going home. I COULD BE HAVING A BOY!!!
Hahahahahha on the mission, we refer to our trainers as our dads and
our trainers as our sons. So I could be training a new missionary
which means I would be having a boy!! Hahahaha. I find out tonight so
If I do I'll be sure to let you guys know next week!!

One thing my mission has taught me is to embrace change. With becoming
a full time missionary, living the mission life, leaving the mtc,
coming to a new Ward, our Ward being split, etc. all these things have
taught me to really love change because change brings new adventures
and challenges. Change is one way that Heavenly Father shapes us into
the person he wants us to become. I'm excited for what's ahead of me
in my mission and I'm so glad I get to be a full time missionary at
this special time. I hope you all have a good week and feel of the
love of our savior Jesus Christ throughout the whole week. Everyone be
safe!!

Love,
Elder Leishman
Cool Shirt

The new and returning member fireside with some other missionaries and Nancy, a recent convert.

The Happy Birthday sign

Birthday Selfie

Celebrating Elder McInerny's Birthday on September 12th at the Ogden's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment